Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

What novena prayers have worked for you?

Has anyone here ever prayed a novena to the Saints, and if so did you get a positive response? I repatriated back to the UK two years ago and once I had found a place to live sent for my two dogs to travel to me. They had to travel in a truck overland from Hurghada to Cairo, then a flight from Cairo to Heathrow. Once arrived in the UK they had another drive from Heathrow all the way up to the north of England. One of my dogs was blind and had a tumour in her leg but I wasn't going to leave my dogs behind at all. I was very concerned and anxious that they would arrive in one piece and alive that I decided to pray to the Saints for their safe return. I went to Durham Cathedral and prayed to Cuthbert and made a small offering, and then I did a novena to Our Lady Mary. Apparently, this Novena is a never fail prayer so I was hoping for this to be true. The most ironic thing is, that when my dogs finally arrived, the man's name who delivered them safe and sound to me was none other than GABRIEL! Surely this has to be proof in the pudding that prayers, and novena's to the Saints and our Lady really do work. What do you all think, I would love to hear about what novena's have worked or not worked for you?

Comments

• Archangel Raphael is a good one to pray to in regards to travels.  In my house, Saint Anthony was invoked often to find lost objects.  I think it was something like, "Saint Anthony if you're around, there's something lost that must be found.".  I don't know if that's exactly how it goes, but that's my version.  I use this all the time for finding my car keys, a misplaced book, the remote control, just about anything, really.  My non-Catholic friends just smile because they've gotten used to hearing me mutter this.
    I recently bought a candle to Archangel Michael to help keep me safe from a stalker.  I also plan to go to the cathedral in town and do a novena to Our Lady for extra protection.  She does hear our prayers and asking Her to intercede for us is a never-fail prayer.
    Thank you for posting this thread, @janemariesayed. My personal prayers have been mostly spontaneous the past several years because our amazing God has been so good to me and my family. I almost forgot about this miraculous prayer to the Holy spirit which I always prayed in my younger days whenever I am facing something that seem insurmountable or something that can have a potentially huge impact in my life like a new job or a professional exam. Anyone can pray this. Once your prayer is answered, you have to publish the instruction and the prayer for others to benefit from it and to show your gratitude. Publishing this prayer is easy and free nowadays because of the social media but in the past, it could be costly. Here it goes:

This prayer should be said for 3 consecutive days. After the 3rd day, your sincere wish will be granted no matter how difficult it may be. Promise to publish it on granting of your favour. The idea is to spread the wonder of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer to The Holy SpiritHoly Spirit, you who makes me see everything and shows me the way to reach my ideal, you who gives me the divine gift to forgive and forget all the wrong that is done to me and you who are in all instances of my life with me. I, in this short dialogue, want to thank you for everything, and affirm once more that I never want to be separated from you no matter how great the material desires may be. I want to be with you and my loved ones in your perpetual glory. To that end and submitting to God's holy will, I ask from you..(mention your favour). Amen