Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

What is your favorite Bible verse?

Well, mine is 1 Corinthians 13, those are probably the mos beautiful words ever written. I particularly love this part of the Bible because it is truly Universal and could appeal to people from all faiths, even to people that have lost their faith. Those words are almost poetic in nature, it is something that could only have come from divine inspiration. Well that's my favorite part, whats yours?

Comments

Are you talking about favorite Bible chapter? Because you forgot to include the verse! :)
    My favorite chapter would be I Corinthians 1. It talks about how we should not divide ourselves into factions, but instead unite together in the name of Christ. It also talks about the message of salvation, where the simplicity of the message came as a rebuke and surprise to the Jews and Gentiles, but to those who believe, became the power and wisdom of God. It ends with a message that God chose to save sinners and not the righteous,so that no one can boast in the Lord.  
  • For me it is 2 Corinthians 5:17, which states, "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 

Ever since I was blessed to receive the message of Christ in such a way that I responded in faith accepting Christ as my Savior and committing to follow Christ as Lord of my life, my life has changed.   I no longer think the way I used to.  I no longer react to things like I used to.

God says it, "the old has gone, the new has come!"  Come to faith in Christ, allow the Holy Spirit to do a supernatural work in you, and be made new.
    Interesting answers, so you would say that most of your favorite parts are in the New Testament? Well that makes sense, but I think some books, particularly Exodus, of the Old Testament. There are some very important moral lessons there so those books, particualry both Genesis and Exodus don't get the attention they deserve.
    If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall yourheavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Oh yeah that's Luke, I like the part that says "Ask, and it shall be given you", I think that's the core of the whole message and all the rest of the verses just complement the idea, although I like how they are very poetic a paint some very powerful pictures.