Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

The proper place for being religious

I know of some people who never miss to mention God in whatever way they can. It like being obsessed with God that sometimes I get the impression that it is hypocrisy already. Being born and raised as a devout Catholic, I believe that there is a place and time for everything and that includes God. Mentioning God all the time would project a crazy mind that we look like being detached from the real world. Particularly those fundamentalists who say they talk to God all the time, I wonder if God had talked back to them.
Tagged:

Comments

I know what you mean. I used to get very irritated when people would do that, most especially people who would say they were "blessed". I felt like, what, your blessed? So I'm not? Or aren't we all? All that kind of talk seems very Baptist or non-denominational Christian to me, like bragging about their special place with God.

Now I live in a different area with more Catholics, and I really love when they mention God. It is never mentioned in a bragging way, but more in a humble thankful way, or mentioning of submission to his will. This type of talk I find really heartwarming and I feel much more connected to these people who speak of God in a meek and humble way. 
    I'll never get tired of saying God and talking about him and praising him because that's what God wants me to do. I want God to be a part of my life and I am thankful for everything that comes my way - be it a blessing or a challenge. That is not hypocrisy at all. God is never in a box or in a certain time frame - He is everywhere.  It's not just the fundamentalists that do that. Catholic renewal and charismatic groups do that, too.