Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

What is your stand on ISIS

ISIS is expanding its territory. From that last I've heard, there is ISIS in Libya and in some parts of Africa as well. This is reminiscent of the Christian conquistadores of yore when Magellan sailed to Asia in the name of their religion. And if ISIS becomes successful in its quest for territory then what would happen to the Christians? Take note that the Q'ran says about non-Muslims, that they are the infidels who should be beheaded. Isn't that a scary notion when those Islamic extremists would start executing us Christians?
Tagged:

Comments

I think it would be difficult for anyone to say they are in favor of ISIS, even most Muslims! It is definitely scary to know that there are fundamentalists out there who would happily kill you for your beliefs and think they're doing the world a favor when they do it. The difficult thing with a group like ISIS is that it's very hard to stop them, since there is limited control and leadership. It's just like any other situation where members of a certain faith get too far away from the true authority of the faith; you end up with violent fringe elements that don't understand the meaning of the canon. 
  • My stand on ISIS is the same as on Al Qaeda. They were both made or better to say half made by the west and mostly America. I say half because they really believe in their cause but the weapons are totally different story and all the blood is  not solely on the hands of these so called terrorists. It is funny how they do not care about casualties and I am not talking about ISIS.

I never read anything about beheading non-believers and I know some of the postulates of Quran are that every person should choose religions by their free will and no force should be present. I also know that Quran say people should use force only to fight back and defend their families and theirselves.
    @Djordjem87, that's a very good post in defense of Muslims. Nowadays, it is sad that Muslims have the stigma brought about by the ISIS. People look at Muslims as terrorists or extremists but I'm sure that isn't the truth. Just like Christians where there are extremists and fundamentalists but that does not apply to all Christians. With the beheading, it is clear in one post that the extremists are using that line in the Q'ran to justify their terroristic acts.
  • It is true to a great extent that the West, in particular America, helped to create ISIS. This fact will therefore put the onus on the USA to lead the coalition to destroy ISIS. With or without the focus of religion as the driving force behind ISIS the evidence is clear this group/regime offers no good as they try to enforce their barbaric beliefs. America seems very confused right now and even Russia is capitalizing on the gap left to assert itself as a superpower. No good can come from a strong and unified ISIS.
    ISIS, Boko Haram or whatever, these are pure evil at work. They have no religion. Islam, like all religions, is about love and doing good. It is indeed sad that good and true Muslims are having to bear the brunt because of the evil acts of the devil. The world must come together to wipe out these terrorists. 
  • ISIS might be a fast spreading global disease. It is true, but fortunately, it has still not covered most of the world. Yes, they had victories as far as spreading terror is concerned, but I think that the military powers of the western world can still be flex their muscles and crush ISIS once and for all. Yes, ISIS has acquired some techs and some more converts to aid their bandit ways, but predominantly, it is ISIS against the majority of the world. And that is scarier for them.

• I think ISIS was created after the Arab uprising. Now they have thousands of fighters others joining them from the western countries. Unfortunately there are many other terrorist groups that still operate under different names. It will take time for the world gets rid of ISIS.
    @djordjem87

Quran 8:12 "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" 

Quran 8:65 "O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight..."

Quran 47:35 "Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost for Allah is with you," 

Quran 4:95 "Not equal are those of the believers who sit, except those who are disabled, and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit.Unto each, Allah has promised good, but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit by a huge reward "

Bukhari 52:177 Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

And there's plenty more...

I think that it is only fair to say that you last quote is not from the Quram but it is from a Hadith collection, granted, probably the one that's considered the most important one but that doesn't mean that all Muslims follow those, actually some sects reject Hadiths altogether. Most of the worst ideas and justifications of violence and the worst aspects of Sharia don't come from the actual Quram but from Hadiths
  • They are simply a bunch of zealots. Everything they do is against the principles of traditional Islam. They are hated by most Muslims, as they are bringing a worldwide shame on the original religion. Regular Muslims are so tired of getting thrown frowns at simply because they are Muslims, the "same" religion all these ISIS idiots claim to practice.