Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Are you close to your priest?

My community is small when we go to Sunday mass it's just the same people you also meet in the grocers and various events in the town. Everyone knows everyone but especially our parish priest. He's quite old already with a beard like Santa. My mother used to invite him for family dinners all the time they were quite close because they're also childhood friends. Are you close to your priest?

Comments

I try to be close to the priest wherever I hear mass regularly. In our former home, I was known to the priest on a first name basis. When we moved to this present home, we had the priest bless our new home (an old house that we renovated). But that parish priest was assigned to another diocese and the replacement got to know me when we invited him to our house in one occasion. I am a regular church-goer and it is an advantage if the priest knows me personally.