Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

What Are You Thankful For?

I am thankful to the Lord God for giving me a second chance at life after suffering an accident when I was three years young that almost killed me. I consider this my second life and looking back I am very thankful for all the blessings and graces He is always giving me and my family for always being there whenever I get into trouble. How about you? What are you thankful for? Discuss it here. Thank you and more power to all of us.
Tagged:

Comments

• What about you guys? What are you thankful for? Come on, I think you may have something to be grateful for. A loved one, a good health, passing an exam, Passing the Board, or just thanking the Lord God how wonderful His creations are. We may also like to thank for our good health, for always being safe, for the world, the beautiful places around us and just about anything that we have on this earth.
    I am thankful for life. I always thank God for keeping me alive to see another day. I am also thankful for the children that God gave me. I am proud to be a father of two daughters.
  • Yes we should always be thankful for life he gave us and the graces that He is giving to us day by day in our daily existence in this world. And yes, being a parent is a very wonderful thing and the time that we spent with them is a gift from God also that we should cherish and be thankful and grateful for everyday.Thank for that share Francis and God bless you always and more power to you.
  • I am forever grateful to the Lord for what He has given me. A good, beautiful, funny, dutiful and understanding wife, a beautiful, cuddly and energetic baby daughter and folks that loved and raised me unconditionally even if I was never a saint to begin with. I am thankful for waking up everyday, knowing that another day is another chance to do good and be a better person compared to the person I was before. I just want to be good. Good in His eyes.
  • I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my two wonderful children who give me a reason to live. I am thankful for my husband who works hard to give us everything we have. I am thankful that God gave me such a wonderful life and I am thankful for everything we have been blessed with.
  • I am thankful for my mother and sister. They have been with me and supported me when ever I needed them. Family is a very important thing in life and I thank God for them everyday.
  • This is such an inspiring thread! Thank you zurminister for starting this one. 
    Well, I am thankful for a lot of things. First, I thank God for giving me the opportunity to live and to meet great people. I am thankful for my family despite their imperfections. They help me get through life's toughest challenges and inspire me to live a better life. I am thankful for nature and the awesome way it nourishes us. I am thankful for the challenges and countless learning experiences that have shaped me into who I am.
    Thank you God for being so good to me and to many people as well!  
  • You are very much welcome splinter, my friend. And yes it is also right to give thanks for things that we are not in control of because although they may seem negative at times, but they bring something positive as well despite its negative connotation and nature. These things actually bring in more experiences to a person and further learning's to prevent those things from happening again and thus make us better and stronger in the long run and so this is a worthy thing to be grateful for. 
  • I'm incredibly grateful that I'm actually born again saved. And I know the Lord, and he knows me.
    I am 19 years old and I am very thankful that I have reached this age. I know so many people who died younger than I am. I personally know of two 16 year old guys who died while swimming in the river, and a 14 year old girl who died in a vehicular accident. There are also a lot of infants who died a few days after they were born. Such cases of early deaths are disheartening, because I believe that there are more to life that they could have enjoyed. That's why I am so interested in living my life to the fullest, because unlike them, I was given the chance to do so. I am very thankful to God that I'm still here, and so are my family and friends. There are so many things that I know I should be grateful to God for, but this life that He gave me is the most precious.
  • I am thankful for my family. My mother had me at the very young age of sixteen and managed to give me anything and everything I could have asked for. She put forth everything and gave up her younger years in order to give me a wonderful life. I am thankful for my friends, who have supported me through my music career and continuously give me the push I need. I am also thankful for my boyfriend who has given be an overwhelming amount of support over the past four years.
  • Lately I'm just extremely thankful for my family. I've been going through a rough patch in life, and I don't know what I'd do if my mother and my stepfather hadn't stepped up to help me through it all.

I'm also thankful to have a boyfriend who is supportive of all of the things I've been doing. He's even open to a new job opportunity that I got today, even though it means that we won't be able to spend nearly as much time together. We're both working towards a better future for ourselves and our family, though, and that's what matters the most.
  • It takes a while for us to really appreciate the family that we have. I spent a lot of my life fighting against my family and thinking they were out to get me. At the end of the day, I now realize that they just wanted what was best for me. 
  • Yes, indeed our families know what is best for us and sometimes we just do not understand them. In your case, it took time for you to realize that your family just did what they had to do to better your welfare. It is definitely not too late to say thank you and be grateful for what they have done to you and it is best for you to show your love back. It is also good to always include them in your prayers so that He will guide you and your family through the passage of time.
    Like most of the Catholics, I am thankful for the life that I have and the family that brought me into this world. But for specifics, I have a long list of what to be thankful for. There is my husband who cares for me, understanding and very supportive. My job which is a good one with a high position in the office and a good salary. Even for my dogs, I am thankful to God for giving me affectionate pets that serve as my stress reliever. The list is long and I cannot go on and on.
  •  I am thankful for all the things I never wanted to experience. The things I cried out against, and the ones that have felt nothing but unfair. What I want is oftentimes not what I need in the first place, and it’s through these experiences, and not getting things my way, I’ve grown the most.

• I am thankful for love i feel toward some people and the ability to feel free of any hate in my life. I am thankful for the fact that i realised that love will prevail and i am able to overcome some difficult times in my life. I am thankful for the people who left some trace in my life good or bad. In both cases i learned something a n because of that i became a better person. I am thankful for my clear mind and wrong and right choices i have made. I am grateful to my parents because they raised me to become what i am today. I believe that our path will be decided by the rights and wrongs we have done and i am sorry for the latter as much as i am happy for former.
  • I'm thankful for the incredible mother I was given, for the father whom I got to love and be loved by for 15 years, for the brother I couldn't imagine living without. I'm thankful that I've never known how it feels to be hungry, unloved, and unsafe. I'm thankful for reading, which has taken me to so many places and has given me so many people to root for and admire. I'm thankful for friendships that have stood the test of time. And I'm thankful for a God who can love someone as flawed and undeserving as me.