Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Pope Francis Calls for Service to ‘Poorest, Weakest’

Look at this headline: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/world/europe/installation-of-pope-francis.html .  

Pope Francis is going to be incredible!  He should focus on Africa!!!
Tagged:
Thanked by 1Dan

Comments

#:-S I wonder why noone focuses on Africa. There is so much going on there that needs the focus of the world. It would make a huge difference if Pope Francis paved the way.
    It seems like Pope Francis is transferring his popularity towards a focus on the less fortunate, something Jesus himself has done. He's giving voice to those who need it the most he has his priorities in check. I see a lot of great things happening for Pope Francis his compassion is unrivaled.
    Great message. These are the people who need it most. The ones who have more should give as much as they can to those who have less.
  • This should be the best thing to do for his papacy because these sectors form part of the most needy in our society and they are the ones who need the most help so it is but right for the Catholic church to reach them and be the focus of their help and aid.
  • Mother Theresa, when she was alive had the same battlecry. She did everything to take care of the sick and the dying, also of the hungry and homeless. Pope Francis is in the same vein, he is going where the tire hits the ground, he is getting his hands dirty for the Glory of the Lord.
  • I've always been of the mind that if more would do what they could to help others, the world would be a lot better off. I don't understand the desire to amass huge piles of wealth, when others are suffering. It sickens me that people care so little for others these days. 

It seems every week, at least, there is a story in the news about some elderly or disabled person who is struggling to get by, with little to no food, and yet people go on about their business, ignoring it. So many even ignore their own family members in need. I can remember going to local nursing homes to visit the elderly people when I was a child. A friend and I would go to one near our grammar school, and we would visit others with the girl scouts. Sometimes we were their only visitors, which I find really appalling. 
  • I'm not sure why he's part of the richest establishment in the world then. It's almost as if he promotes it. There's a lot of things that aren't right about it, and all of the work we do on earth is useless if we aren't born again. Has the pope ever even mentioned being born again? I don't think so.