Pope Francis Forum on Facebook Pope Francis Forum on Google Plus Pope Francis Forum on Twitter

Greetings Vatican Issues Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Was Argentina's Dirty War right or wrong? Was Pope Francis involved?

edited September 2016 in Vatican Scandals Posts: 8
Was Argentina's "Dirty War" right or wrong?  Was Pope Francis involved in the Argentinian Dirty War or is this just a left-wing smear tactic?
Tagged:

Comments

• The pope wasn't involved. He's just a puppet for the elite.
  • I do not think the Pope has anything to do with the Argentina's "Dirty War." And if he should be involved then the world will know for sure but I do not think he had some part of it, it is just not right. What he should do is to pray for this mess to be resolved and start the healing process and forgiveness should be sought and given to those who deserve them.
    I've never heard of this? Can someone provide a link?
    No, I don't think he was involved at all, it is in fact a smear campaign. That particular part of the Argentinean history is complicated in itself, with all the details being very murky and all the accounts that you can find about those days are always biased to one side of another, it is very hard to find an objective analysis of  what was going on.
  • Here's a few articles I found:

The issue at hand is that some accuse Pope Francis of pointing out some priests during the war to military personnel and that he did not defend two kidnapped clerics. The pope has denied the allegations and said that he did helped during the war although he did so quietly. 

To be honest, I still don't know the truth. But I would like to believe that the pope won't do anything to harm his colleagues. He is a decent man and I sure hope these allegations aren't true.
    "The issue at hand is that some accuse Pope Francis of pointing out some
    priests during the war to military personnel and that he did not defend
    two kidnapped clerics. The pope has denied the allegations and said that
    he did helped during the war although he did so quietly."

Dictatorships are convoluted and complicated times, this is nothing but a smear campaign just like some sectors were using the fact that Benedict XVI was a member of the Hitler's Youth to attack him ignoring the simple fact that membership was compulsory during those times and the alternative was death.

It is very easy to judge the action of these individuals during those times from the comfort of our current position and situation.
    What happened during the Argentinian war involved religious personalities like priests. And if ever Pope Francis was involved with his doing or undoing, all we have now are the words of the Pope whether he had erred or not. And since Pope Francis has denied all the allegations that he didn't stand up to defend the captured priests, all we can do now is to respect the Pope on what he said.

When Pope Francis was named Pope, a smear campaign had already started with snippets of negative issues being thrown on the new Pope.
  •    I do not believe the pope has to do anything with it although the war had some priests involved. If nothing a man of God should be trusted on his word. He denied to have been involved and for me that is enough. These things will always happen and whether the pope was telling the truth or not I guess we have to live with this. It would be a great shame that he was involved in everything he denied because not only would that make him wrong in many ways but also he would be a liar and that is not what pope should stand for and represent.
  • No the Pope had nothing to do with this.  I am not one hundred percent sure on the situation there and the politics and history behind everything, but I did see a story about how these sorts of claims and links were all bogus.  I never like seeing a Pope, especially this one, having anything to do with politics.  Interesting though, and thanks for sharing.